Things to Know About NWDA…
While we regularly receive praise and thanks for all that the Northwest Dharma Association does, we know few of our fans really understand how difficult it is for us to carry on our work with our very limited resources.
We sent the message below to many of you to help explain our situation. Please take the time to read it and consider how you can help support NWDA’s unique contribution to the Dharma in North America. Many people find their way to the Dharma through NWDA. Your gift, which is sorely needed at this time, will spread outward to benefit others. We thank you.
THINGS TO KNOW
ABOUT THE NORTHWEST DHARMA ASSOCIATION
- NWDA offers Buddhist resource information, regional news, and opportunities for collaboration across traditions.
- Our income is very small yet our geographical area and our name is big.
- More than half of this income comes from your donations.
WE GIVE TO YOU
- We have one part-time employee. Almost all of our work is done by volunteers.
- Since 2007, we have distributed the NW Dharma News for free to everyone on a dana basis. We no longer receive any income from subscriptions to the News.
- We offer group memberships on a sliding scale basis so that even small sanghas can take advantage of our group directory, calendar and other services. Almost 90% of our member groups pay at the lowest rate, $50 per year.
- Our modest fees do not cover the actual cost of the services we provide to members.
YOU CAN HELP
- Become an Individual Member of the Northwest Dharma Association, or renew your membership. Individual membership is an expression of gratitude and generosity.
- Encourage other individuals, teachers and sanghas to become NWDA members.
- Give a gift of Individual or Teacher Membership.
- Pledge a monthly donation or make a one-time gift. It’s easy and secure online.
PLEASE DONATE OR JOIN AT:
NWDA’s unique contribution to the Dharma in the Northwest depends on your generosity.
“…the wise rejoice in giving and thereby gain happiness thereafter." - Dhammapada 177